What do I need to join a credit union and get a loan for an electric bicycle?

  • by

To join a credit union, you need to hold what is known as the “common bond”. For most credit unions, the “common bond” is the area where members live – potential members will need to live or work within a local area. For other credit unions, the “common bond” might be the occupation members work in.

Once you have identified the appropriate credit union within your “common bond”, be that where you live or work, opening an account is straightforward and convenient. You will need:

  • Proof of ID: A current valid passport or valid drivers’ licence.
  • Proof of Address: A utility bill, a local authority document, an official document for a government body, or a bank/building society statement dated within the last three months.
  • Evidence of PPS Number: A document from the Department of Social Protection, payslip or the Revenue Commissioners.

Comment on this FAQ

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *